The Giving Hope & Help-Education Is Your Passport/Scholarship Program missions to provide educational tools and financial assistance for Pre-K thru Adult/non-traditional college students. The scholarship program initiative is designed to benefit underserved high school seniors and non-traditional students/single parents that have never been to college; providing the scholars with the necessary tools and resources required to attend and graduate college while mentoring life skills, offering community service and corporate career experience opportunities.
We are gearing up to celebrate Giving Hope & Help's 10th Anniversary in combination with our Education Is Your Passport Scholarship Awards! It's going to be "An Evening of Impact!"
We are also launching a new LIFE-SAVING initiative to support domestic violence survivors!
Scholarship Program Opportunities!
Scholarship applications closed on May 15, 2023.
A benefit for underserved, college bound, Class of 2023 High School Graduating Seniors and SINGLE PARENTS-First time college students.
Giving Hope & Help will award the following scholarships:
Saturday, June 24, 2023, - 10th Anniversary and Scholarship Awards Gala:
The Giving Hope & Help Education Is Your Passport (EIYP) Scholarship is for High School Senior applicants – It includes a laptop computer, a bed-in-a bag set for the dormitory, and a collegiate backpack filled with school supplies and a basket of toiletries. Additional toiletries may be supplied as requested throughout college.
The Metropolitan Community College-Giving Hope & Help Education Is Your Passport Scholarship Full-ride scholarship will benefit a high school senior or a single parent applicant. The single parent must be a first-time college student.
EIYP Scholarship recipients are also eligible for a $2,000 scholarship in honor of the Founder of GH&H’s Grandparents and the following cash scholarships:
- The Alexander Sr. & Cleo McCallop Legacy of Giving Scholarship - $2,000
- The Neoma Spearman Literacy Scholarship - $2,000
- The Perseverance Award - $500
- Historical Black College & University (HBCU) Scholarships - $1,000 ($2,000 total for two scholars)
- Scholarship recipients may qualify for Corporate Paid Internship opportunities with GH&H Corporate Partners. Internships are based on availability.
- All recipients are eligible for Five consecutive weekly sessions of Life Coaching - anytime during the scholar's college career from New Life Education Training Group
- All recipients are eligible for Volunteer opportunities throughout college career via the Giving Hope & Help organization and partnerships with educational/community organizations.
- All recipients will receive FREE access for the first year to the scholarship platform from College Coaching Network
- All recipients will receive Financial Literacy in a Box from Exceeds Expectations Inc.
Giving Hope & Help Gala 2023 Fox 4